I had to post this while I'm still on my monthly "book club high". Thanks Charlyn for making the meeting so wonderful. She was dressed in her authentic Arabian costume, complete with headscarf and even demonstrated the customary golden wedding head dress. We are hoping that she'll post that picture. Then she went the extra mile and treated us to refreshments, Saudi-style. We ate yellow lentils, tabbouleh, hummus, pita, dates, "Saudi champagne" and had anise to freshen our breath. We even danced to Saudi music and had a great discussion about the book as well. I feel like I went abroad tonight instead of just up the street! So much fun.
I am also making a public request for the Saudi recipes, and the chocolate and date cookies that were brought as well. If you have a minute, please post these!
What a great night!
Thursday, April 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment