Hope you're all enjoying reading/rereading the novella, "The Old Man and The Sea." ...It's a short book, so don't despair if you haven't started reading it yet! You still have plenty of time.
I look forward to getting together:
Thursday, Feb 5th @ 830pm
See you there!
Michele
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hooray Mel, I got back in, Thanks for your invitation. Yes I have read the Old Man and the Sea and enjoyed it. Norine
Thanks for the fun evening, Michelle! The book that I had mentioned regarding the family that spend two years afloat is called Black Wave by John and Jean Silverwood.
Okay these are my comments for summer. Sorry I missed the Arabian Nights Spectacular! I am available to have the book group in July OR in August IF it is on another night - not so good for me Aug 6 that would be a Cub Pack night. A light supper in my back yard could be fun July 2nd (no Cubs that month)
Some books I've really enjoyed of late are: "Fire In THe Bones" by Michael Wilcox - historical about W.Tyndall who sacrificed his life to transcribe the bible into English. OR "Traitor" and or "Tribunal" both by Sandra Grey - great romance - spy novels. (historical time of 2nd World War.) OR "Train to Potevka" also a spy story. These are all very fine LDS authors. Or another easy read is "Hattie and the Big Sky" - by Kirby Larsen - a Newberry Honor Book, about a young girl who homestead on her own in Montata. All 5 are great books, is anyone interested??? Norine
Post a Comment